About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an OT/PT Technician – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide assistance to the physical therapists and physical therapy assistants in providing physical therapy treatment programs in a developmentally and age appropriate manner for patients ages 0 - adulthood.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Maintains a current awareness and participates in departmental and hospital activities by attending departmental meetings and reads and initials meeting minutes in the case of absence
- Provides set-up/clean-up of patient care area as requested by treating therapist/therapy assistant
- Thoroughly reviews the individualized patient physical/occupational therapy evaluation, plan of care and progress notes prior to implementing patient care treatment as requested by treating therapist/therapy assistant
- Performs patient care and related activities within the scope of their training and responsibilities (demonstrating basic clinical competencies) as requested by the physical/occupational therapist or physical therapy assistant
- Provides ongoing communication daily with the primary therapist or therapy assistant reporting patient status and response to therapy
- Coordinates patient transportation schedule with primary therapist, patient care unit and coworkers daily as assigned
- Stocks patient related supplies in the appropriate designated areas within the first day after being received
- Cleans and disinfects hydrotherapy whirlpools utilizing established departmental protocol following each whirlpool patient
- Checks patient refrigerator temperature and enters temperature into monthly refrigerator log each morning
- Informs Team Leader or designee of all patient/personal injury or unsafe situations, anticipated problems and unusual situations; completes appropriate related documentation according to departmental and hospital guidelines
- Basic familiarity with an acute care medical environment preferred
- A current basic life support certification or scheduled to attend a CPR certification course preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of acute care pediatric physical therapy which is developmentally appropriate for children ages 0 – adulthood
- Successful demonstration of the basic clinical and non-clinical competencies
- Ability to be articulate, courteous and supportive in dealing with hospital, administrative and departmental personnel, patients and parents with ability to honor confidentiality: to independently support and assist in patient care by following the direction of a therapist or therapy assistant
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills; utilize basic office equipment such as fax, copier and PC
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.