About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) is the largest Texas Medicaid managed care organization, and is part of the Texas Children’s healthcare system. Founded in 1996, TCHP is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. Our plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three service areas (Harris, Jefferson, North East). Members of the plan receive care from our network of more than 4,000 primary care physicians, 8,000 specialists, and 110 hospitals. They can also receive care at The Center for Children and Women, a patient and family-centered medical home with two convenient locations for TCHP members who can have all their medical needs met in one place, receiving multiple services the same day. TCHP is a recognized leader at encouraging holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities.
You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Senior Business Solutions Analyst – Epic Tapestry someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll be responsible for providing technical services to analyze, design, and deliver clinical/business solutions. You’ll lend expertise to help answer technical/application consulting questions, individually, or as part of a project team. You’ll also serve as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with enterprise applications. We are seeking someone with previous experience with Epic Tapestry.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Translates business needs into detailed requirement specifications
- Analyzes current business practices, user needs and workflow processes
- Develops specifications that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes and people) or operational solutions
- Understands the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and designs a virtualized solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity
- Performs configuration analysis for system design
- Facilitates design analysis with users to determine user interface configuration
- Identifies and documents the data sources, recipients and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection and maintenance, including data conversion requirements and how start up data will be collected for implementation
- Documents design decisions in an accurate and testable method for use by developers and database analysts
- Assists with the design of user procedures
- Analyzes system problems and modifications
- Analyzes clinical and business use of existing systems to identify problem to be resolved
- Defines system applications or process improvements
- Recommends modifications to application design or current procedures to maximize advantages of existing resources
- Reports and tracks issues until resolution provided by vendor
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, business administration, health care administration, or other business or technology field preferred
- 7 years of experience analyzing, designing, or delivering clinical/business solutions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or other business or technology field may be substituted for four years of required experience
- Master's degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or other business or technology field may be substituted for two years of required experience
- Knowledge of current business practices and computing systems and databases (SQL Server and MS Access)
- Knowledge of health insurance payor systems and processes preferred
- Proficiency in applying highly technical principles
- Analytical, problem-solving and research abilities as evidenced by experience in the identification of business requirements and subsequent implementation of appropriate software configuration solutions to business problems
- Process mapping, group presentation, written and verbal communication, and organizational skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.