About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Director of Finance — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide leadership and direction to the organization’s Health Plan and the Finance department such that the Health Plan's financial and statistical performance can be accurately and continuously measured.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provide leadership and oversight to the Finance department in order to ensure accurate and timely information is produced and high customer satisfaction is achieved
- Identify and analyze the design of jobs and work processes for the department, and implement appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the goals of the Health Plan and the organization
- Oversee and direct the Finance department to assure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements
- Oversee and direct the Physician Incentive Payments and Employee Incentive Payment Programs
- Oversee and direct the effectiveness of the Controls for the Annual Financial Reporting Model Regulation (AFRMR) and coordinate with the organization’s Internal Controls department, ensuring that policies, procedures, and controls are in place for the Health Plan that support accurate financial statements
- Oversee and direct the Government Reporting functions in order to ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations, and contractual requirements and to provide government information as requested
- Oversee and direct the Finance Department to work with the Fixed Asset Accounting department, ensuring that proper internal controls and systems are in place to safeguard the assets of the Health Plan
- Monitor financial performance against the annual budget and communicate variances with the goal of achieving budgeted performance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- MBA may substitute for the bachelor’s degree
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 6 years of experience in accounting, including 3 years in a leadership role
- Experience in a healthcare organization is preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), operational accounting procedures and a thorough understanding of non-profit accounting
- Knowledge of FAR, Statutory accounting, and the UMCM is preferred
- Ability to use computerized accounting systems, word processing, spreadsheets, ten-key by touch, communicate effectively verbally and in writing with subordinates, executive level management, IDS board members, and professionals outside of the IDS
- Strategic influence skills, analytical thinking, tactical planning skills, attention to detail, time management skills, and conflict resolution skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.