About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Graphic Design Creative Specialist— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll create visually appealing, engaging, and technically sound communications of all types for the organization, predominantly in print media formats, but also including some electronic and place-based media.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Creates visually appealing, engaging, and technically sound communications to support departments and initiatives within the organization
- Leads conceptual development and execution of creative projects (partnered with a designated copywriter), including digital banners, brochures, advertising, newsletters, signage, tradeshow displays, internal communications, and other collateral, while maintaining brand identity
- Executes projects by designing, illustrating and/or photo art directing and overseeing print production details, maintaining an exceptional standard of quality, and conceptualizing the creative that is in tune with the strategy and parameters of the project brief
- Keeps abreast of the latest industry, style, and graphic technologies and trends
- Coordinates bids with Materials Management, works with vendors on printing, and supervises inventory control on location and off location
- Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, illustration, or related field
- Master’s degree in design/communications preferred
- 4 years of related work experience may substitute for bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience as a graphic designer, illustrator, or art director preferred
- Advanced knowledge of design aesthetics, illustration skills (Advanced illustration capability is an important asset for this position) and print production processes
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign as well as Quark Xpress and PowerPoint
- Portfolio that demonstrates advanced conceptual, graphic design, and illustration skills
- Ability to think creatively, and a keen eye for the aesthetic, color use, and typography
- Possess the ability to develop timelines; strong problem solving and analytical skills; well-developed organizational skills; an interest in mentoring co-workers; and an interest in joining a fast-paced, growing marketing organization
- Experience creating digital banners preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.