About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide health maintenance for well newborns and infants, episodic care for ill infants, and comprehensive care for newborns and infants with chronic conditions.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Utilizes advanced practice knowledge and skill to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data and to manage a caseload of patients
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other health care professionals
- Applies new knowledge relevant to pediatric nursing to clinical practice
- Demonstrates current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates nurse practitioner’s role behaviors consistent with the development of advanced nursing practice
- Participates in departmental quality improvement program annually
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Current valid license as registered nurse in the state of Texas
- Current NNP-BC certification from the National Certification Corp (NCC) Board of Nurse Examiners
- Full authorization to practice by the Texas Board of Nursing
- Two (2) years experience in the applied specialty
- AHA/AAP hospital-based instructor for Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Broad-based knowledge of nursing functions and medical terminology
- Knowledge of neonatal specific nursing principles and pathophysiology
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment and perform routine and special procedures used in the daily advanced nursing care of newborns and infants
- Ability to work with others and demonstrate leadership qualities
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.