About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is known for providing outstanding pediatric health care at over 50 locations throughout Houston and surrounding communities so you can choose to work in a community near your home. We are always looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team and share in our mission – to create a community of healthy children.
We are searching for an LVN – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will gather information, assess, and provide direct care to patients, as well as work collaboratively with other members of the health care team to render age-appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
- Collect and document vital signs, BMI, height, weight, and the reason for visit, ensuring proper documentation along the way
- Document current medications, allergies, and other information
- Prepare patients for examinations per practice protocol
- Assist providers, as directed, during treatments, examinations, and testing
- Document all interventions per practice protocol
- Call in or send electronic prescription refills as directed by the provider
- Take messages and return calls from parents
- Assist with emergency patient care
- Keep rooms stocked with supplies per practice protocol and notify the Practice Manager of needed supplies
- Participate as a member of the care team by working for the goals of the patient
- Coordinate patient care by following up on lab results, ER visits, or any part of care that needs assistance
- Administer and document medication and immunization as directed, and document adverse reactions to medications
- Maintain and prepare reagents appropriately and document appropriately
- Coordinate with patients and outside labs concerning lab specimens
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED and a diploma from a school of nursing OR documentation from the Texas Board of Nursing verifying an exception to the requirement for a diploma from a school of vocational nursing
- LVN and BLS certification
- Ability to use a thermometer, scales, phygmomanometer/stethoscope, butterfly needles, hearing/vision screening equipment, pulse oximetry, typanometer, and basic laboratory equipment, i.e., microscope, centrifuge, hematology analyzer, and specimen collection
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.