About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Patient Care Assistant – someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll perform a variety of routine and specialized patient care activities, as assigned, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Care will be delivered that incorporates Family Centered Care in a cost-effective manner and is developmentally and age appropriate for the patient population.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Assists with the collection and documentation of patient/family data
· Provides high quality, cost effective patient care in collaboration with the RN and in conjunction with the patient/family
· Assists in identifying patient/family response to care provided
· Maintains accountability for development of self and participates in development of others
· Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional/interpersonal communication, and customer service skills
· Participates in achieving hospital/unit goals
· High School Diploma or GED
· One of the following:
· Completion of a formal nursing assistant educational program or certification (e.g. Diploma/Course/Certificate/Associates Degree/etc. completed in a Certified Nurse Assistant, Medical Assistant, or similar clinical education program)
· One (1) year of direct patient care experience
· Currently enrolled in a BSN degree program with one clinical rotation completed at the time of hire