About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Patient Care Assistant – someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll perform a variety of routine and specialized patient care activities, as assigned, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Care will be delivered that incorporates Family Centered Care in a cost-effective manner and is developmentally and age appropriate for the patient population.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Assists with the collection and documentation of patient/family data
• Provides high quality, cost effective patient care in collaboration with the RN and in conjunction with the patient/family
• Assists in identifying patient/family response to care provided
• Maintains accountability for development of self and participates in development of others
• Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional/interpersonal communication, and customer service skills
• Participates in achieving hospital/unit goals
• High School Diploma or GED
• One of the following:
• Completion of a formal nursing assistant educational program or certification (e.g. Diploma/Course/Certificate/Associates Degree/etc. completed in a Certified Nurse Assistant, Medical Assistant, or similar clinical education program)
• One (1) year of direct patient care experience
• Currently enrolled in a BSN degree program with one clinical rotation completed at the time of hire