About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Manager of Pathology— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide effective leadership and efficient operations of your responsible sections or shifts of the laboratory in compliance with departmental and institutional goals. You will coordinate, supervise, and manage section activities to ensure high-quality laboratory services and that all testing is provided to patients in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Ensure implementation of a training and competency program for all employees (new hires, existing employees, and those requiring retraining)
- Manage the performance of routine and complex procedures and works to solve administrative and operational problems
- Oversee the quality control/quality assurance programs, review QC's and monitor proficiency testing, and resolve any issues identified by testing results
- Facilitate computer operations and maintains the integrity of the system, file maintenance, reporting, labels, and collection list printing as related to assignments and requirements for section or shift
- Develop and implement a continuing education plan annually and facilitate the training of students, residents, fellows, and new employees
- Supervise financial operations while ensuring the system of supply inventory meets service needs
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory, chemical, physical or biological sciences
- 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting
- Minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory
- Certification in one of the preferred licenses/certifications listed may substitute for one year of experience. The license/certification must be verified before entering this role, but maintenance of the License/Certification is not an ongoing requirement of the job
- Certified Medical Technician (American Society for Clinical Pathology, National AM Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel, American Medical Technologists, or Clinical Laboratory Scientist)
- Medical Lab Scientist certificate (American Society for Clinical Pathology)
- Laboratory Science certificate (National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel)
- Certified Molecular Biology Technologist (American Society for Clinical Pathology)
- Certified Molecular Pathology Technologist (American Society for Clinical Pathology)
- Certified Blood Bank Technologist (American Society for Clinical Pathology)
- Certified Technologist in Chemistry (American Society for Clinical Pathology)
- Certified Technologist in Hematology (American Society for Clinical Pathology)
- Certified Technologist in Microbiology (American Society for Clinical Pathology)
- American Medical Technologist (Any state)
- Specialist in Cytometry (American Society for Clinical Pathology)
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.