About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Unit Clerical Assistant—someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position you’ll perform receptionist and clerical responsibilities for assigned unit. We need someone who can represent the Hospital, utilizing effective customer service skills, ensure that hospital visitation guidelines are followed and that the waiting area is used appropriately, and to assist the families of patients in obtaining needed information.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Serves as a receptionist to all visitors, provides appropriate information upon request, and accurately takes and delivers family messages, locates families at request of health team members
· Positively interacts with other members of the health care team, in order to meet the needs of the patient and family
· Promptly and courteously answers patient calls and notifies the appropriate clinician of the patient’s need
· Greets all visitors courteously with respect to social, cultural, and ethnic needs
· Demonstrates cost effective materials management by maintaining and ordering supplies, appropriate par levels, and proper equipment and functioning as measured by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback
· Ensures Chart Lite contain all necessary forms that are clearly labeled, as measured by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback
· Ensures daily charges are entered, audited, and reconciled to include follow-up on discrepancies as measured by supervisory observation and accuracy of reconciliation reports
· Incorporates the use of available software programs to meet unit needs as measured by supervisory observation
· Greets all persons entering and exiting the unit and provides identification stickers to visitors
· Remains current in unit/hospital information by attending unit meetings and reading meeting minutes 90% of the time, as measured by review of unit records
· High school diploma or equivalent
· One (1) year experience as secretarial/administrative coordinator in hospital/doctor’s office is preferred
· Knowledge of basic secretarial functions and excellent customer service skills
· Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
· Ability to operate office equipment, telephone system, personal computer, facsimile and photocopy machine
· Demonstrates good time management skills
· Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
· Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills