About Texas Children's Hospital
Recently ranked as the 4th best children’s hospital in the nation, the best in Texas, and one of only 10 hospitals on the 2018-2019 Best Children’s Hospitals Honor Roll. All are amazing accomplishments, especially considering our relatively short 60 year history, but we are never satisfied. We are always pushing for better results, because we know that what really matters is delivering the best possible care and service to the patients and families who entrust us with their lives.
In this ongoing pursuit, we understand the key to success is our people. We are always looking to find talented, driven individuals who want a career where they can thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. Discover more about us below, search our open positions, and see if you may be the right fit for our team.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant II/Medical Assistant II (Outpatient Float Team)— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service in the organization’s setting. You will assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to customer questions with prompt information and/or services related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Perform patient registration procedures per clinic process
- Prioritize patients to be roomed based on appointment and arrival times and other clinic procedures
- Assist in the collection and documentation of patient/family data which includes biophysical and psychosocial information according to clinic scope and report any abnormal findings to RN or providers
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient test results
- Ensure that requisitions have necessary clinical, demographic, billing, and payor information
- Monitor patient flow and fill in or assign staff as necessary to avoid bottlenecks and assure minimal patient wait and alone time
Skills & Requirements
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant from the National Healthcareer Association or
- Certified Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Assistants or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Advanced Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Basic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Intermediate from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Licensed Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- National Medical Assistant Certification from the National Center for Competency Testing or
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant from the National Association of Health Professionals required or
- Registered Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Experience in a health care setting or customer service-focused industry preferred
- Outpatient clinic operations experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.