About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Looking for a Coordinator Clinical Support – Otolaryngology Clinic. This incumbent will provide patient care and excellent customer service, and assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you have what it takes?
- To work 2 full days per week (Per-Diem, No Benefits)
- Applicant will work in a fast paced outpatient setting
- Applicant will function primarily as a surgery scheduler
- Communicates with patient, staff, and providers regarding patient arrivals, delays, and clinic processes.
- Proactively approaches dissatisfied customers and implements customer service recovery measures.
- Identifies prolonged wait times for patients in waiting room and reports to clinic manager.
- Obtains translation services as needed for customers.
- Updates all patient information accurately while the appointment is being made and reminds patient/family of insurance
- Communicates with appropriate personnel of additions to clinic schedules.
- Turns over the exam room preparing it for the next patient visit, utilizing appropriate infection control procedures.
- Verifies completeness of required paperwork coming from the welcome desk or completed by the patient to ensure
- accuracy of information.
- Collaborates with co-workers to facilitate completion of workload and willingly accepts re-assignments to other
- Assists with clerical and receptionist duties.
- Participates and makes recommendations for PI initiatives.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes equipment.
- Maintains clinic inventory.
- H.S Diploma or equivalent
- 2yrs experience in a direct patient care role
- Knowledge of registration and scheduling process, medical terminology,
- Ability to set priorities and goals, good time management skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Promote positive interdepartmental and intra departmental communications
- Use basic office equipment, and computer programs
- EPIC experience
- Outpatient experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.