About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are looking for a Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Otolaryngology Clinic) that can participate and coordinates the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care. Collaborates with ancillary departments to ensure timely and appropriate care.
Think you have what it takes?
- To work a flexible full-time weekday schedule
- Nurse will work in a fast paced outpatient clinic setting
- Coordinates visits with physicians, ensures appropriate consultations in hospital by working with the Coordinators.
- Coordinates visits with diagnostic imaging department and appropriate sub-specialists.
- Coordinates initial education of patients by phone.
- Assists intake coordinator with initial appointment.
- Assists the coordinators and other members of the healthcare team in providing education to patients, families, communities and other hospital/medical staff concerning various aspects of care.
- Provides appropriate educational material for families and staff. Formulates, implements, and documents teaching plans for patients.
- Demonstrates compliance and understanding of the Baylor, TCH, policies and procedures.
- Provides regular written and verbal follow-up with peer established guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, house staff, nurses, financial counselors, social workers, pastoral care and others involved with the patients.
- Maintains data to assist with patient care.
- Develops and maintains procedures for all patients seen in the department
- Supports staff in the development of their schedules and monitors effectiveness of process on staffing needs.
- Participates in the decision-making processes for hiring new employees.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- RN (licensed in state of Texas)
- BLS (American Heart Association)
- 3yrs Nursing experience
- Pediatric experience
- Leadership experience
- Outpatient experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- The knowledge gained from clinical expertise and experience in Cardiology, ICU, post-operative care, or congenital heart disease.
- The ability to operate all types of equipment and perform special procedures in the assigned nursing area; be flexible to meet the needs of the personnel and unit on a 24 hour basis; demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills; be self-directed and organized; and demonstrate basic computer skills.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.