About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Anesthesia Technician – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll assist licensed anesthesia providers in the acquisition, preparation, and application of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting anesthesia in routine and complex surgical cases. You will provide service by preparing and maintaining patient monitoring devices, and anesthesia delivery systems before, during, and after anesthesia.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists anesthesiologist with preparation and placement of neurophysiologic monitors
- Assists with induction by connecting patient to monitors, intubation, maintenance of patient’s airway, insertion of IVs, and other invasive lines
- Assists and anticipates needs of the anesthesiologist in invasive monitor insertion and procedures such as arterial access, central venous access, fiberoptic intubation, and/or difficult airway situations
- Provides support to the patient care team throughout the case
- Performs salvaged blood processing per protocol
- Assists anesthesiologist with volume infusions as directed during intraoperative procedures
- Responds immediately to OR room calls that require assistance regarding supplies, pharmaceuticals, blood products, forms equipment, or other items required during the surgical procedure
- Stocks the operating rooms, specialty carts, anesthesia carts, equipment rooms, and remote anesthesia area with disposable/reusable supplies
- Organizes, cleans, and neatly maintains all shelves and drawers where anesthesia supplies are kept
- Provides leadership role through appropriate delegation of patient care activities and technical training to staff and new personnel
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of an anesthesia technician training program approved by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT), or Two (2) years of work experience as an anesthesia technician
- Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology of the cardiopulmonary systems, and infection control
- Advanced working knowledge of equipment for anesthesia and airway management
- Knowledge of set-up and calibration of pressure transducer and IV fluids
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge relating to anesthesia procedures effectively anticipating the needs of the anesthesiologist
- Ability to utilize and troubleshoot problems with equipment used in the administration of anesthesia
- Ability to set priorities and follow instructions and direction from physicians or other clinical personnel
- Must be able to communicate and work well with staff both inside and outside of the department
- Certification as an Anesthesia Technician (AT) by the ASATT preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.