About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Manager of Physician Practice – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll supervise and direct overall operations of the practice as well as advise, coach and mentor practice staff.
RN, BSN Strongly Preferred
Physician Practice Management Strongly Preferred
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Monitors workflow and ensure appropriate staffing
- Schedules staff based on patient flow, practice need and fiscal restraints. Monitors and approves time off requests to assure adequate staffing coverage. Requests temporary staff per approved policy
- Interviews applicants in conjunction with HR, provider and Director to assure that open positions are filled in a timely manner by qualified candidates
- Assures compliance with regulatory requirements, i.e., CLIA, OSHA, and JCAHO. Presents professional image, manner and behavior at all times.
- Ensures staff compliance with Policies and procedures and external regulatory agencies
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies, procedures and manuals that are up to date and accessible to staff. Holds staff accountable for policy and procedure violation, addressing any performance or conduct issues in a timely, consistent manner
- Completes all required in-services, i.e., Infection Control OSHA, Etc. within established timeframes.
- Orients new staff according to HR policy, and procedure and submits paper work within established timeframes
- Maintains compliance with HR policies, i.e. licensure, and annual performance. Assures compliance with regulatory requirements, i.e., CLIA, OSHA, and JCAHO
- Establishes and maintains budget.
- Works with providers and Director to set realistic budget expectations
- Monitors practice/provider productivity daily ensuring appropriate use of schedule.
- Ensures patient balances are collected at time of service and payments are posted according to practice protocol
- Reviews daily charges for accuracy and timeliness.
- Reviews monthly production and expense information to ensure accuracy and identify areas for improvement.
- Implements improvement plans and re-evaluates effectiveness. Assists Director with communication of budget performance to providers.
- Manages dissemination of information.
- Shares relevant information with staff via staff meetings, memos, posting or other effective forms of communication
- Distributes or posts information prior to staff meeting if relevant.
- Responds to correspondence/information requests from Director in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates and ensures excellent customer service
- Assesses customer satisfaction, plans strategy for improvement and implements
- Encourages excellent customer service and leads by example
- Presents professional image, manner and behavior at all times.
- Uses work climate survey to develop action plan with staff.
- Acts as a resource for customer complaints by researching and responding per policy and procedure.
- Coaches and counsels employees
- Demonstrates communication and leadership style that encourages teamwork
- Administers corrective action in a consistent manner to ensure compliance with policy and procedure
- Maintains written, objective documentation regarding performance of each employee.
- 3 years of experience in a healthcare-related supervisory capacity
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.