About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Social Worker—someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. You’ll develop, plan, and deliver pediatric social work services to assist patients and families in making psychosocial adaptations to illness, and utilize health care and community resources optimally.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Facilitates patients/families use of community resources
- Actively participates in providers’ conferences to identify and respond to the psychosocial needs of the patients/families and to provide psychosocial information pertinent to formulating care plans
- Delivers appropriate, focused patient/family counseling in accordance with the patient’s/family’s right to self-determination and principles of confidentiality
- Utilizes quality improvement process to identify improvement opportunities and establish/assess/evaluate programs and services and their outcomes
- Educates self by reading professional literature and attending staff development and continuing education program as evidenced by attendance and CEU records
- Provides psychosocial screenings/assessments by interviewing patients and/or their families for information about the patients’ social, emotional/psychological, developmental/educational/vocational, environmental, financial and health situations, within authorization periods, as required for patient care and/or treatment/transitional planning
- Develops, implements and/or updates comprehensive pediatric social work care plans
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work
- Licensure as Social Worker in the State of Texas
- Previous employment in health care, a health care specialization in schooling or a field work practicum in health care preferred
- Ability to create a thorough psychosocial assessment and develop, implement and evaluate a care plan
- Ability to conceptualize the psychosocial needs presented by the assigned patient population, to intervene with patient/family behavior, to coordinate community resources and to handle crisis and complex psychosocial situations
- Ability to handle grief
- Demonstrate initiative, good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent professional listening and communication skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.