About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Pharmacy Technician Manager - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll assist the Assistant Director and Pharmacy Manager by overseeing physical areas, operations, and technical personnel.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Interview and select candidates in accordance with departmental policy and assess new employees within departmental standards
• Counsel employees with performance problems and initiate disciplinary actions when appropriate
• Complete all performance appraisals within departmental standards
• Ensure technicians complete mandatory health, safety, and training requirements
• Manage medication preparation and delivery processes are performed
• Prepare schedules for areas of responsibility and maintain regular staffing for each area
• Maintain and assign area-specific checklists and controlled substance shift counts
• Process, fill, and deliver medication orders and re-establish priorities based on workload and the patient’s needs
• Liaise with other support departments and keep your immediate supervisor informed
• Communicate effectively with all teammates
• Participate in the training of new employees via peer review and agendas, as well as pharmacy employees via the record of attendance form
• Work with the Area Manager to formulate yearly objectives and assist with the annual budget
• High school diploma or GED
• RPHT license for the state of Texas required
• 2 years’ pharmacy technician experience
• IV Certification preferred
• Chemo Certification preferred
• Pediatric experience preferred
• Inpatient Hospital Leadership experience preferred