About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Pharmacy Technician Manager - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll assist the Assistant Director and Pharmacy Manager by overseeing physical areas, operations, and technical personnel.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Interview and select candidates in accordance with departmental policy and assess new employees within departmental standards
• Counsel employees with performance problems and initiate disciplinary actions when appropriate
• Complete all performance appraisals within departmental standards
• Ensure technicians complete mandatory health, safety, and training requirements
• Manage medication preparation and delivery processes are performed
• Prepare schedules for areas of responsibility and maintain regular staffing for each area
• Maintain and assign area-specific checklists and controlled substance shift counts
• Process, fill, and deliver medication orders and re-establish priorities based on workload and the patient’s needs
• Liaise with other support departments and keep your immediate supervisor informed
• Communicate effectively with all teammates
• Participate in the training of new employees via peer review and agendas, as well as pharmacy employees via the record of attendance form
• Work with the Area Manager to formulate yearly objectives and assist with the annual budget
• High school diploma or GED
• RPHT license for the state of Texas required
• 2 years’ pharmacy technician experience
• IV Certification preferred
• Chemo Certification preferred
• Pediatric experience preferred
• Inpatient Hospital Leadership experience preferred