About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are on the hunt for our next Security Officer (Part-Time) at our Woodlands campus — someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position you’ll protect the staff, patients, visitors and assets of the hospital. You will support the hospital by providing a visible first line security presence. We need someone who can efficiently handle customer inquiries, requests for assistance, and ensuring smooth traffic flow. You must be able to respond and assist to emergencies and disasters.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides security functions at designated post locations
- Observes all persons entering and exiting the Hospital; maintains visitor and entry logs Ensures that the required sign-in logs and documents are properly maintained as prescribed by departmental procedures
- Patrols the Hospital as assigned, observing all conditions inside and outside of the Hospital for potential threats to the safety of patients, visitors, employees and medical staff
- Controls traffic and parking in designated areas
- Operates hospital vehicles and other assigned duties
- Responds to emergency situations Certified in Basic Life Support and use of AED and Personal Protective Equipment Attends training and keeps certifications up to date
- Must have a current NCSO (Non-Commission Security Officer) license
- Two (2) years of security or customer service experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas Drivers’ license and a safe and clear driving record
- Meet the Texas Department of Private Security Board (TXDPSPSB) requirements
- Knowledge of hospital and security functions Ability to function in a great variety of situations that require clear, action and reactions in a very confusing environment
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and function in stressful situations
- Must possess strong customer service skills and amicably communicate and interact with other departments, hospital Administration, visitors and patients
- Must possess the ability to learn or have competent knowledge of computer programs specific to the hospital
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.