About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is known for providing outstanding pediatric health care at over 50 locations throughout Houston and surrounding communities so you can choose to work in a community near your home. We are always looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team and share in our mission – to create a community of healthy children.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll gather information, assess and provide direct care to patients. This role works collaboratively with other members of the health care team to render age-appropriate care
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
- Assists the provider, as directed, during treatments, exams, and testing as directed by the provider and within the scope of practice
- Administers medication and immunizations as directed by the provider per practice protocol
- Supports patient/families in self-management of their health through assisting with education
- Identifies and documents network providers for appropriate referral
- Collects and processes specimens according to the manufacturer’s instructions and using proper technique
- Demonstrates the creating SMILES and AIDET philosophies to patients, families, and co-workers
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduation from a medical assistant or emergency medical technician program
- BLS -Basic Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association
- 1 year of related work experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.