About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Staff Nurse for our OB ICU Team! – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age-appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family-centered principles and cost-effective care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Perform and document assessments of the patient/family including biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized manner
- Collect and analyze data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care
- Analyze situations, anticipate potential problems, and detect changes in patient status
- Identify patient’s needs pertaining to patient teaching, discharge planning, growth and development, nutritional screening, functional status, and pain management
- Develop an individualized plan of care based upon the nursing assessment and re-prioritize as needed
- Participate in interdisciplinary rounds and/or patient care conferences and document it in the medical record
- Execute therapeutic physician or nurse interventions according to establish standards of practice
- Evaluate and document the patient’s response to the care provided and recognize their progress toward meeting the desired outcome
- Identify actual/potential barrier to learning and utilize teaching strategies as appropriate
- Serve as a patient/family advocate while caring for the patients and collaborate with other health care team members
- Maintain confidentiality concerning patient/family issues
- Utilize patient supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner
- Administer and document medication and treatments in a timely manner
- Attend mandatory training and developmental activities
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or other degree in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas and current BLS certification is required
- 1 year of professional nursing experience
- The ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills, good time and resource management skills, flexibility, strong oral and written communication skills, knowledge of unit-specific equipment, and knowledge of the nursing process, critical thinking skills, PALS, and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Must have 2 years ICU experience and working as a direct patient care nurse and will cross train to L&D.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.