About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in nearly 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Systems Analyst — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll develop clinical/business solutions by investigating processes to understand data and communications flow with individual tasks and transactions within the delivery system.
Think you’ve got what it takes? This role will support the Strategic and Financial Analysis department. An ideal candidate would be someone who has experience in data analytics, data visualization, project management and exhibits proficiency in Excel and SQL.
- Translates users’ needs into detail requirement specifications
- Assists users in determining specific requirements to increase system effectiveness
- Investigates alternative solutions including feasibility studies using results from vendor analysis/evaluations
- Supports the system installation through the implementation cycle
- Develop, schedule, and facilitate test plans for hardware, network, integration, user acceptance, and parallel usage
- Performs configuration analysis for system design associated with small and less complex projects
- Analyzes system problems and modifications
- Coordinates implementation and upgrades of systems
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4 years of experience in information systems
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute for 4 years of work experience
- Master’s degree will substitute for 2 years of work experience
- Up to 1 year of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for the 1 year of required information systems experience on a month-to-month basis
- Knowledge of current business practices and computing systems, interfaces, and hospital standard software
- Familiarity with applicable operating systems used by the hospital and data processing techniques and practices
- Familiarity with a variety of hardware and software environments
- A working knowledge of the healthcare industry is also required
- Project management and planning, process mapping, group presentation, leadership, team building, written and verbal communication, analytical, and organizational skills, ability to analyze the functionality of systems and their fit with specifications, and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.