About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Ambulatory Services — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide accountability for the clinical, administrative and human resources activities for the designated clinical area(s).
You will ensure the delivery of high quality, developmentally appropriate patient and family centered care at the unit level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Partners with staff, medical and unit leadership to ensure clinical excellence within a family centered care environment, utilizing multiple sources of information and reports as evidenced by trend identification and action plan development
- Demonstrates astute fiscal accountability, for area of clinical responsibility, as evidenced by the appropriate management and justification of resources, which includes personnel, equipment, supplies and capitol
- Identifies, facilitates and participates in Performance Improvement projects that enhance and ensure safe patient care delivery systems as measured by improved and sustained outcomes and compliance with policies and procedures
- Creates and facilitates collaboration and cooperation among diverse groups, people and professional disciplines to achieve desired results
- Commits to the on-going development of self, unit leadership team and staff to achieve professional goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or health care related field
- MHA, MBA, or Master's Degree in a clinical background preferred
- 3 years of health care experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years of management/leadership experience
- 5 years leadership experience preferred
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Healthcare Administration (MHA) will substitute for two (2) years of health care field experience
- Experience in an ambulatory setting managing multiple specialties preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.