About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an EMR Trainer — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll design, develop, and deliver EPIC training for end users and super users.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Develops and delivers structured and customized in-house training and development programs for all EPIC end users
- Conducts management and staff training programs to provide an effective and interactive learning environment as needed to meet the organizational goals and objectives
- Actively participates in EPIC education team planning and non-team training
- Provides front-end support with users to ensure that functionality of the EMR is being optimized
- Provides real time training for physicians, other care providers, or non-clinical users of the EMR at their side, who utilize EPIC to document patient information when needed
- Provides telephone support to EMR users
- Creates user setup and resets passwords for new users of the electronic medical record
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience teaching adult programs or related work experience particularly in an EPIC EMR environment
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute 4 years of work experience
- Master’s degree will substitute 2 years of work experience
- Direct work experience with EPIC will be counted at a premium, with every 1 year of EPIC experience counted as 2 years of experience
- Knowledge of EPIC applications is required
- Knowledge of various training methodologies is required
- General knowledge of PC hardware, networks, and mainframe systems required
- Knowledge of technical medical record functions including chart analysis, medical record completion requirements, dictation/ transcription work flow, working knowledge of medical staff rules and regulations as well as familiarity with regulatory chart completion regulations, and medical terminology is necessary for training clinical users
- Knowledge of hospital operations and revenue cycle and/or ancillary services is necessary for training non-clinical users
- Excellent verbal and written communication, excellent customer service, presentation skills, well-organized, electronic messaging, computerized report generation, data entry (typing 30-40 WPM) and word processing skills, and detail orientation
- Documentation development and design experience desired
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.