About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Medical Assistant – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide clinical support for patients in various ambulatory settings while promoting cost-effective, age appropriate, safe, and high-quality family-centered care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Welcome and communicate effectively with patients, families, staff, and physicians
- Respond to customer questions with prompt information relating to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Plan optimal patient flow by monitoring provider schedules and communicate potential/actual problems
- Identify the appropriate room and communicate patient placement to appropriate staff
- Inform patients, staff, and providers of delays in patient flow that are occurring inside and outside of the clinic
- Turn over exam rooms by preparing it for the next visit
- Assist licensed providers with procedures such as venipunctures, finger sticks, heel sticks, and diagnostic tests
- Record vital signs per clinic scope
- Perform spirometry without medications
- Document information in the medical record such as current immunizations, allergy status, vital signs, current medications, et cetera
- Record telephone or prescription refill messages in the medical record and notify provider to take action
- Follow institutional and departmental policies and procedures regarding waive testing, quality controls, instrument calibrations, and maintenance
- Process lab specimens and perform tests
- Cross train and assist with clerical duties
- Enforces guidelines for infection control
- Assure exam rooms are stocked with all patient care supplies
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical diploma from a medical assisting or emergency medical technician program preferred
- Health care and pediatric experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.