About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Assistant Clinical Director of Inpatient Nursing – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll manage and oversee clinical, administrative, and Human Resources activities, as well as coordinate and ensure the delivery of high-quality, developmentally-appropriate, and family-centered care at the unit level.
Preferred: Formal Perioperative (Operating Room) Leadership Experience
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Partner with staff, medical, and unit leadership to ensure clinical excellence within a family-centered care environment, utilize multiple resources for information and reports, and participate as a full partner with the Medical Director and other members of the health care team
- Demonstrate astute fiscal accountability, by using appropriate management techniques and justification for personnel, equipment, supplies, capital, and other resources
- Create and facilitate the collaboration and cooperation among diverse groups, people, and professional disciplines to achieve the desired results
- Facilitate staff participation and join the Quality Outcomes program and other unit-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring exemplary clinical outcomes
- Commit to the ongoing development of self, the unit leadership team, and staff to achieve professional goals
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing (BSN)
- Master’s Degree (As of 3/1/19, a master's degree in nursing, business, or a healthcare field is required. For current employees in the role as of 3/1/19, must be currently enrolled in a master's degree program with completion of degree within 3 years of signing attestation form of the master's degree requirement)
- RN - License, Registered Nurse issued by the Texas Board of Nurses
- BLS - Certification, Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association
- 3 years experience in management/leadership
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.