About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in nearly 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Social Worker – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll develop, plan, and deliver pediatric social work services to assist patients and families in making psychosocial adaptions to illness and in utilizing health care and community resources optimally. You will also render services in accordance with the chronological ages and developmental levels of the patients.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provide psychosocial screenings/assessments by interviewing patients and/or their families for information about the patients’ social, emotional, developmental, environmental, and financial situations
- Analyze data and identify the patient’s needs, resources, and problems and assess their future educational needs
- Provide social work planning by working patients, families, and providers to develop and implement social work care plans
- Implement and evaluate the outcome of social work care plans
- Assess the patient/family’s understanding of the referral information provided and their ability to access the recommended resources
- Facilitate and coordinate services with patients, families, providers, and community agencies to assist patients/families
- Actively participate in provider conferences to identify and respond to the psychosocial needs of the patients/families and provide information pertinent to the plan of care
- Assess and follow-up with providers about recommendations
- Provide appropriate counseling to help the patient and family cope with illness and/or chronic disease, referring patients as needed
- Utilize quality improvement processes to identify improvement opportunities and establish/evaluate programs and their outcomes
- Continuously educate yourself and others
- Master’s degree in social work
- LSW, LMSW, LMSW-ACP, or LSMW license required
- Experience in health care is preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.