About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Senior Sleep Lab Technologist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform sleep studies and document results according to facility policy and procedures.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Conducts efficient and accurate scoring and reporting of sleep studies
• Generates accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data
• Provides quality patient-centered care
• Demonstrates a mastery of technical and procedural requirements to consistently produce high-quality neurodiagnostic sleep studies
• Communicates effectively with peers, patient/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team
• Maintains environment of care
• Tracks inventory, orders and restocks supplies, and ensures all equipment is in working condition prior to each patient test
• High school diploma or GED
• Graduate of a Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) accredited Electroneurodiagnostic Technology program or equivalent formal training preferred
• Basic Life Support Certified by American Heart Association
• Registered Polysomnographic Technologist from Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT)
• Registered Sleep Technologist from American Board of Sleep Medicine preferred
• 2 years of experience in Electroneurodiagnostic Technology, specifically polysomnography
• 2 years of experience in AASM adult and pediatric scoring rules preferred
• Knowledgeable of current AASM adult and pediatric scoring rules; ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10–20 System
• Knowledgeable in the correct performance of sleep studies
• Ability to independently and accurately score adult and pediatric sleep studies in accordance with AASM guidelines
• Ability to independently demonstrate skill in polysomnography
• Demonstrated ability to operate sleep equipment and video monitoring equipment