About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for Laboratory Technician — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform technical laboratory tests and report results to provider within established timeframes.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Demonstrates Creating SMILES and AIDET philosophies to patients, families, and co-workers
- Collects specimens
- Performs laboratory tests and general patient care
- Reports results to provider
- Performs and documents quality control procedures
- Performs instrument calibrations and maintenance
- Performs proficiency testing
- Coordinates with outside lab
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Basic Life Support Certified by the American Heart Association
- Medical Technician Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology or;
- Medical Technologist by the Americal Medical Technologist or;
- Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Fundamental knowledge office laboratory operations
- Knowledge of OSHA, CLIA, and JCAHO guidelines and requirements, general office tasks, confidentiality, and filing systems
- Ability to use laboratory equipment, i.e. microscope, centrifuge, hematology, and analyzer
- Proficiency with specimen collections
- Familiarity with office machines, i.e. computer, multilane telephone, copier, and fax machine
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.