About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Administrative Assistant — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will initiate and coordinate a variety of duties as they relate to the successful operations of various departments within the hospital.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Acts as administrative liaison to the director or other leaders
- Composes, formats, and proofreads a variety of materials including typewritten correspondence, memoranda, and various reports as instructed
- Accurately prepares appropriate requisitions and obtains signatures and approvals for the purchase requests, contract renewals, purchase orders, or any internal/external services
- Opens and reviews incoming mail as requested
- Maintains departmental organizational charts, departmental forms, department intranet
- Website, and/or policy and procedures
- Serves as timekeeper for the department
- Maintains and exhibits in-depth knowledge of all areas of office techniques, principles and applications, and assists others with procedural and application questions
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years of administrative support experience
- Knowledge of general administrative functions and department operations
- Ability to utilize a personal computer using word processing and spreadsheet applications; type a minimum of 60 words per minute; transcribe; operate basic office equipment; conduct herself/himself in a professional, courteous manner on an on-going daily basis; prioritize; remain flexible; attention to detail; demonstrate initiative; demonstrate good memory retention; adapt to changing situations; and demonstrate excellent writing, communications, and organizational skills
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, communicate effectively both written and oral, strong interpersonal skills, work independently, show self-initiative, have close attention to detail, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.