About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Urgent Care offers high-quality, efficient and affordable after-hours patient care in convenient community locations. Staffed by board-certified pediatricians who have privileges at Texas Children’s Hospital, our Urgent Care team can diagnose and treat a wide variety of common pediatric ailments, illnesses and conditions, including: asthma, strep throat, fever, minor burns, influenza, ear infections, allergic reactions and more. We also provide procedures such as antibiotic injections, breathing treatments, fracture care and splinting, IV (intravenous) fluids, lab services, laceration repair and x-rays on-site.
We are searching for an Urgent Care Staff Nurse at our Main Campus - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll gather and assess information, as well as provide direct care to patients. You will work collaboratively with other member of the healthcare team to render age appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assist in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per site protocol
- Provide general patient care
- Prepare patients for examination per site protocol
- Administer medication and immunizations as directed by physician per site protocol
- Provide patient/family education as instructed by the physician or site protocol
- Coordinate referrals and assure family has contact information for each referral
- Triage patient complaints per site protocol
- Triage phone calls per site protocol and within scope of site standards
- Collect specimens and perform laboratory tests
- Verify each provider order and patient per site protocol
- Demonstrate service philosophies to patients and families
- Provide information regarding the length of visit
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice nursing in the State of Texas
- Basic Life Support certification
- Preferred: 1 year experience working in pediatrics, Bilingual in Spanish
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.