About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an Operating Engineer — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll perform operations and maintenance activities including, but not limited to, engineering rounds, preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, general maintenance, and repair of hospital equipment including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Monitor all operating equipment and systems (boilers, chillers, AHUS, pumps, air compressors, etc) to ensure they are operating properly
• Perform engineering rounds and check equipment for proper operating functionalist
• Maintain documentation to accurately record readings on rounds sheets and equipment failures in engineering logs
• Perform installation and repair of failed equipment and parts on utiity systems
• Respond to all emergencies as required throughout the hospital property
• Meet scheduling, productivity, and quality requirements as determined by management
• Identify and appropriately resolve maintenance deficiencies in assigned areas to maintain space quality through improvement of efficiency, outcomes, and customer service
• Maintain tools and equipment on a daily basis
• Perform project-related tasks for assigned zones
• Ensure effective communication and work flow for responsibilities
• Provide documentation as required by management
• High school diploma or GED required
• Associate’s degree or higher in service-related or technology field of study, STATENG1, STATENG2, STATENG3, JRNYPLUM, JRNYELEC, DLA, SMA, SMT, MASTELEC, and/or HVACB WC certification required
• 3 years’ experience as a service technician
• Experience working in a hospital is preferred