About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a EPIC OpTime Systems Engineer/Analyst— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this role, you'll ensure a high level of data quality across the enterprise through the creation and management of sound data management processes. This position will be responsible for establishing metadata and registries, standardizing data naming, establishing consistent data definitions, and monitoring overall data quality. The Data Architect will sponsor and evaluate the selection of all infrastructure components (such as software) for data management systems.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Stronglt desire Certification on EPIC OpTime
Strongly prefer existing experience functioning as a OpTime translator to Systems Analyst, addressing performance enhacement, optimization, and workflows
Strongly prefer proven and strong experience as a technical OpTime resource for OpTime product support as there in no on the job training available
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Coordinates with business areas in the development, documentation, and maintenance of all data definitions for data warehouses, business intelligence tools, clinical integration, and quality reporting
· Develops architecture specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes, and people) or operational solutions
· Leads the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines
· Creates and implements a data management strategy for achieving and maintaining high data quality
· Identifies and ensures the resolution of data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness in a cost-effective and timely fashion
· Communicates with IS management to achieve the goals, problems, and solutions of the designated committees
Skills & Requirements
· A bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, health care administration, business, or technology field
· 5 years of experience in data warehouse/business intelligence and internet/client-server systems including three (3) years of RDBMS experience in data types, change control implications, performance optimization, and full life cycle phase software development
· A master's degree in computer science, business administration, health care administration, business or technology, field is preferred and may substitute for two years of experience