About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Physician Assistant — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll work collaboratively with other members of the health care team, including the attending physicians, resident physicians, and fellow physicians to provide comprehensive patient care in accordance with the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides medical services that are within the education and training of the Physician Assistant within the scope of practice and delegation of the supervising physician
- Utilizes advanced practice knowledge and skills to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data, and to manage a caseload of patients
- Administers or provides medications as delegated by authorizing physician
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Provides patient care follow-up
- Serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other health care professionals
- Applies new knowledge relevant to population specific clinical practice
- Demonstrates current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies
- Physician Assistant Certification from the Texas Medical Board
- Broad knowledge of medical terminology and pathology, a broad knowledge of adult learning principles and how to apply these principles to teaching
- Ability to operate all types of equipment and perform routine and special procedures used in the daily care of the specialty-specific population, the ability to work effectively with others, and the ability to demonstrate leadership qualities
- Preferred: Masters Degree in Physician Assistant Studies
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.