About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Social Worker—someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. You’ll develop, plan, and deliver pediatric social work services to assist patients and families in making psychosocial adaptations to illness, and utilize health care and community resources optimally.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Facilitates patients/families use of community resources
- Actively participates in providers’ conferences to identify and respond to the psychosocial needs of the patients/families and to provide psychosocial information pertinent to formulating care plans
- Delivers appropriate, focused patient/family counseling in accordance with the patient’s/family’s right to self-determination and principles of confidentiality
- Utilizes quality improvement process to identify improvement opportunities and establish/assess/evaluate programs and services and their outcomes
- Educates self by reading professional literature and attending staff development and continuing education program as evidenced by attendance and CEU records
- Provides psychosocial screenings/assessments by interviewing patients and/or their families for information about the patients’ social, emotional/psychological, developmental/educational/vocational, environmental, financial and health situations, within authorization periods, as required for patient care and/or treatment/transitional planning
- Develops, implements and/or updates comprehensive pediatric social work care plans
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work
- Licensure as Social Worker in the State of Texas
- Previous employment in health care, a health care specialization in schooling or a field work practicum in health care preferred
- Ability to create a thorough psychosocial assessment and develop, implement and evaluate a care plan
- Ability to conceptualize the psychosocial needs presented by the assigned patient population, to intervene with patient/family behavior, to coordinate community resources and to handle crisis and complex psychosocial situations
- Ability to handle grief
- Demonstrate initiative, good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent professional listening and communication skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.