About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) – someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, coordination of care, and the coordination of services required for patients outside clinical setting. We need someone who can provide family-centered care to a culturally diverse population in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Assess patients
· Coordinate the plans of care
· Collaborate with the patient, family and members of the health care team to establish desired outcomes and to meet immediate and future health care needs
· Implement and evaluate each plan of care
· Educate patients, families and the community
· Be accountable for maintaining the professional development of yourself and participate in the development of others
· Bachelor of Science in nursing, associate degree in nursing, or other diploma in nursing (Bachelor’s preferred)
· Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the state of Texas
· AHA BLS for Health Care Providers Certification
· A minimum of 1 year's experience required; 2 or more years strongly preferred
· Knowledge of nursing functions, basic anatomy and physiology, and diagnostic procedures
· Pediatric hematology/oncology or infusion experience preferred
· Additional PALS, Chemotherapy or Biotherapy certifications preferred