About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an Ultrasonographer in Maternal-Fetal Medicine — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll perform routine and comprehensive ultrasound examinations for interpretation by the Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) and Radiology faculty. This role will assist the interpreting physician and obtain, review, and integrate pertinent patient history and supporting clinical data to achieve optimal diagnostic results.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Performs high-quality diagnostic ultrasound imaging exams following established department guidelines and protocols under the supervision of the MFM Physicians or Radiologists
• Reviews clinical information, including relevant personal and family history, exposures, and other risk factors
• Performs appropriate procedures and records anatomic, pathologic, and or physiologic data for interpretation by the Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Radiology faculty
• Records and processes sonographic images and other pertinent observations made during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician
• Follows the established chain-of-command with all communication within the clinic and department while portraying team spirit with all co-workers and department personnel
• Attends and participates in department in-services, classes, seminars, workshops, and other continuing education as appropriate to maintain and enhance professional knowledge and/or job skills
• Performs or assists other employees in obtaining appropriate images and help with completing scheduled equipment maintenance and/or troubleshooting equipment problems
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• RDMS-OB— Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer OBGYN from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) required
• RDMS-NE— Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Neurosonology preferred
• RDMS-FE— Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Fetal Echocardiography preferred
• 2 years’ experience as Maternal-Fetal Medicine/OBGYN ultrasonographer required
• 7 years’ experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer preferred
• 5 years’ experience in Maternal-Fetal Medicine scanning preferred