About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will work under the supervision of practice physician(s) and work collaboratively with other members of the health care team to render age appropriate care.
This position is PRN and we are looking for an experienced Pediatric Nurse Practitioner to work at least 4 shifts per month at our West Campus hospital.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Daily utilization of advanced practice knowledge and skills to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data, and to manage a caseload of patients
- Consistently demonstrates effective communication skills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Consistently serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other health care professionals
- Consistently applies new knowledge relevant to pediatric nursing and clinical practice
- Demonstrates current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates NP role behaviors consistent with the development of advanced nursing practice
- Participates in departmental Quality Improvement program annually
- A Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is required for new hires effective 03/01/17 or after
- For employees hired before 03/01/17, an MSN is required for NPs licensed 01/01/03 or after
- For employees hired before 03/01/17, either an MSN or a certificate program is required for NPs licensed prior to 01/01/03
- Registered Nurse (RN) License from the Texas Board of Nursing
- Advanced practice recognition from the Texas Board of Nursing (FNP, NNP, WHCNP or PNP-BC or AC)
- Broad knowledge of nursing functions and medical terminology
- Broad knowledge of adult learning principles and how to apply these principles to teaching
- Ability to operate all types of equipment and perform routine and special procedures used in the daily advanced nursing care of children
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities
- Specific skills are those referred to in the Delineation of Special Procedures
- Preferred: PNP certification, 1-2 years of nurse practitioner experience and pediatric experience.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.