About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an LVN for our Austin clinic – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will gather information, assess, and provide direct care to patients, as well as work collaboratively with other members of the health care team to render age-appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
- Collect and document vital signs, BMI, height, weight, and the reason for visit, ensuring proper documentation along the way
- Document current medications, allergies, and other information
- Prepare patients for examinations per practice protocol
- Assist providers, as directed, during treatments, examinations, and testing
- Document all interventions per practice protocol
- Call in or send electronic prescription refills as directed by the provider
- Take messages and return calls from parents
- Assist with emergency patient care
- Keep rooms stocked with supplies per practice protocol and notify the Practice Manager of needed supplies
- Participate as a member of the care team by working for the goals of the patient
- Coordinate patient care by following up on lab results, ER visits, or any part of care that needs assistance
- Administer and document medication and immunization as directed, and document adverse reactions to medications
- Maintain and prepare reagents appropriately and document appropriately
- Coordinate with patients and outside labs concerning lab specimens
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED and a diploma from a school of nursing OR documentation from the Texas Board of Nursing verifying an exception to the requirement for a diploma from a school of vocational nursing
- LVN and BLS certification
- Ability to use a thermometer, scales, phygmomanometer/stethoscope, butterfly needles, hearing/vision screening equipment, pulse oximetry, typanometer, and basic laboratory equipment, i.e., microscope, centrifuge, hematology analyzer, and specimen collection
- 1 year LVN experience
- Pediatric experience
- Primary care experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.