About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Pharmacy — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will be responsible for the overall operation and quality of pharmacy services. You will manage and oversee all administrative, clinical, distributive, and technical activities of the department. Lastly, you will oversee and ensure an effective and safe medication use process while providing patient care in a manner developmentally appropriate of the ages of the patients served.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Establish administrative direction for the pharmacy and ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met through the creation and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures
• Provide clinical direction and support including but not limited to ongoing clinical initiatives with respect to the medication usage process and performance improvement
• Maintain the appropriate level of pharmaceutical care services to patients of the facility by overseeing the medication use, process, people and systems
• Ensure the continuous review of the safety and efficiency of departmental processes
• Develop leadership skills and provide leadership development opportunities for staff
• Determine priorities for the unit and educates the staff on critical success factors for the department
• Guarantee that the Joint Commission requirements specific to the department are fulfilled and understand the linkage between the department’s requirements and those of the integrated delivery system
• Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or Ph.D. of Pharmacy
• Registered Pharmacist
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in pharmacy work or pharmacy residency experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ in a formal management experience or experience as a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in the organization
• A master’s degree in Pharmacy Administration, Business Administration, Public Health or a related healthcare field with the completion of a two (2) year pharmacy residency program may substitute for four (4) years of the required pharmacy work experience (including two years of pharmacy management/leadership experience)