About Texas Children's Hospital
Opened in 2017, Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is a 548,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to treat children and adolescents in The Woodlands and counties throughout Greater North Houston such as Montgomery, Walker, Grimes, Liberty, Harris, Polk, San Jacinto and Hardin counties. Our new facility includes 25 emergency center rooms, 32 acute rooms, 28 critical care rooms, 12 radiology rooms and 4 operating rooms. We also offer inpatient and outpatient pediatric care in more than 25 specialties including: cancer, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, diabetes and endocrinology, urology, sports medicine, gastroenterology and nutrition, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, otolaryngology, allergy and immunology, dermatology, adolescent medicine and physical rehabilitation. Outpatient care areas opened in fall 2016.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Part-Time Certified Pharmacy Technician– someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll assist the pharmacist in the preparation, filling, and delivery of medications, and other tasks associated with dispensing. This role requires someone with excellent knowledge of current hospital and departmental standards for the handling of pharmaceuticals.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists the pharmacist in ensuring the appropriateness of medication doses by obtaining and entering patient information at the prescription intake window including weight, allergies, and other medications
- Performs cashiering according to policy and procedure as evidenced by lack of over/short pulls overdue prescriptions for credit
- Assists the pharmacists in ensuring patients receive correct written medication information on all new prescriptions
- Pulls the correct medication required to fill prescriptions and orders as verified by the pharmacist and as documented by a lack of dispensing errors
- Legibly initials all doses and obtains pharmacist initial/final checks
- Ensures medications/prescriptions are checked by a pharmacist before distribution
- Follows aseptic technique and infection control in the preparation of sterile products
- Completes annual re-certification and scores at least 90% on the aseptic technique/infection control skills and written exam as documented by a qualified observer
- Assigns dilution and expiration dating labels to medications according to department standards
- Ensures communication of extemporaneously compounded ambulatory prescriptions is relayed to compounding & repackaging area
- Ensures medications/prescriptions are processed and delivered within department timeframe standards
- Maintains adequate stock of medications/supplies and follows procedures established for stock replacement
- Completes and properly documents daily and monthly activity checklists including expired drug checking, cleaning assignments, area inspections, and ordering supplies and forms
- Ensures counseling refusals are properly documented
- Performs and documents medication refill and pickup reminders to increase patient compliance
- Answers the phone within departmental standards and limits personal phone calls so as to not interfere with patient care or operations
- Maintains patient confidentiality as documented by lack of complaints and observation by manager
- Demonstrates initiative when opportunities are presented as evidenced by successful completion of projects
- Registration with the State Board of Pharmacy to work as a technician in Texas
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPht) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- Knowledge of current hospital and departmental standards for the handling of pharmaceuticals
- Strong math, reading, communication, and computer skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to operate equipment used in the preparation of sterile products
- Two years of pharmacy technician experience and IV certification highly preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.