About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Certified Anesthesia Technician – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll assist licensed anesthesia providers in the acquisition, preparation, and application of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting anesthesia in routine and complex surgical cases. You will provide service by preparing and maintaining patient monitoring devices, and anesthesia delivery systems before, during, and after anesthesia.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists anesthesiologist with preparation and placement of neurophysiologic monitors
- Assists with induction by connecting patient to monitors, intubation, maintenance of patient’s airway, insertion of IVs, and other invasive lines
- Assists and anticipates needs of the anesthesiologist in invasive monitor insertion and procedures such as arterial access, central venous access, fiberoptic intubation, and/or difficult airway situations
- Provides support to the patient care team throughout the case
- Performs salvaged blood processing per protocol
- Assists anesthesiologist with volume infusions as directed during intraoperative procedures
- Responds immediately to OR room calls that require assistance regarding supplies, pharmaceuticals, blood products, forms equipment, or other items required during the surgical procedure
- Stocks the operating rooms, specialty carts, anesthesia carts, equipment rooms, and remote anesthesia area with disposable/reusable supplies
- Organizes, cleans, and neatly maintains all shelves and drawers where anesthesia supplies are kept
- Provides leadership role through appropriate delegation of patient care activities and technical training to staff and new personnel
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of an anesthesia technician training program approved by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT), or Two (2) years of work experience as an anesthesia technician
- Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology of the cardiopulmonary systems, and infection control
- Advanced working knowledge of equipment for anesthesia and airway management
- Knowledge of set-up and calibration of pressure transducer and IV fluids
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge relating to anesthesia procedures effectively anticipating the needs of the anesthesiologist
- Ability to utilize and troubleshoot problems with equipment used in the administration of anesthesia
- Ability to set priorities and follow instructions and direction from physicians or other clinical personnel
- Must be able to communicate and work well with staff both inside and outside of the department
- Certification as an Anesthesia Technician (AT) by the ASATT required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.