About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Occupational Therapist Clinical Specialist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll plan, evaluate, organize, and implement occupational therapy treatment programs in a developmentally and age-appropriate manner.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Complete patient evaluations and reassessments in accordance with hospital and department guidelines
- Develop an individualized plan of care based on evaluation findings
- Develop measurable long-term and short-term goals
- Manage the schedule effectively to maintain productivity expectations
- Participate in ongoing communication and collaboration with other members of the patient’s interdisciplinary care team
- Monitor patient response to treatment intervention
- Recommend appropriate adaptive equipment and/or termination of treatment when appropriate
- Collaborate with the clinic/program team to assess the need for clinical support
- Ensure patient authorization prior to providing therapy treatment
- Assess patient and family needs regarding their level of understanding, readiness to learn, ability to assimilate information, and the most desirable method of teaching
- Develop and instruct the patient and family for appropriate home treatment programs
- Document the patient information in the electronic medical record
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy required
- OT certification required
- 2 years’ pediatric and/or clinical experience required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.