About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) – someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, coordination of care, and the coordination of services required for patients outside clinical setting. We need someone who can provide family-centered care to a culturally diverse population in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Assess patients
· Coordinate the plans of care
· Collaborate with the patient, family and members of the health care team to establish desired outcomes and to meet immediate and future health care needs
· Implement and evaluate each plan of care
· Educate patients, families and the community
· Be accountable for maintaining the professional development of yourself and participate in the development of others
· Bachelor of Science in nursing, associate degree in nursing, or other diploma in nursing (Bachelor’s preferred)
· Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the state of Texas
· AHA BLS for Health Care Providers Certification
· A minimum of 1 year's experience required; 2 or more years strongly preferred
· Knowledge of nursing functions, basic anatomy and physiology, and diagnostic procedures
· Pediatric hematology/oncology or infusion experience preferred
· Additional PALS, Chemotherapy or Biotherapy certifications preferred