About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Medical Technologist Associate — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll perform technical laboratory procedures, analyze statistical data, and report results for the prediction and diagnosis of diseases.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Validate specimen identification for the appropriateness of type and size
- Organize workload to ensure to prioritize specimen samples using the first-in-first-out method
- Perform routine and special test procedures accurately and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Report all critical results as soon as possible and assist other employees with specimen problems
- Perform and document scheduled quality control procedures
- Maintain and prepare reagents appropriately and document any interruptions in patient testing
- Document errors, delays, or patient safety events
- Perform the daily, weekly, monthly, and unscheduled instrument maintenance and calibration to ensure proper functioning of instruments
- Participate in continuing education and in-service programs by attending section meetings, workshops, and seminars
- Order supplies in a timely manner and restock as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in laboratory, chemical, physical science, or biology required OR other graduation from a medical technology program
- 1 year experience in a laboratory required
- Graduation from a medical technology program may substitute for experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.