About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Digital Services- Enterprise Systems — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will support the Director of Infrastructure Technology Services in planning, directing, overseeing support operations, and maintaining effective Information Systems network of users. You will also be responsible for specified services identified in the Business and Technical Service Catalog. Additionally, you will provide support for the enterprise production system architecture by planning, leading, and maintaining an effective information systems network and leading the production and development activities of the system including short and long-term planning, education, training and utilization.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Excellent communication skills with 5+ years of management experience, including running digital services operations with breadth from multiple IS disciplines at large organizations with more than 15,000 devices strongly desired.
- Highly desire proven experience being responsible for all aspects of enterprise unified communications / telecom, audio visual devices, database management, and collaboration (O365) suites, including but not limited to: hiring, training, discipline, performance management, salary administration, department budget preparation and monitoring, and annual appraisal
- Proven ability/success working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment highly preferred.
- Strongly desire the ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals; listens carefully and has the ability to perform as a team member.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies desired.
- Desire experience investigating and recommending new technologies to further enhance services and reduce cost.
- Highly prefer strong collaboration skills and ability to engage stakeholders and build productive working relationships.
- Maintain inventory records and maintenance, circuits and unified communication strategies.
- Proven record of successfully delivering on a telecom upgrade initiative with over 15,000-20,000 telephone devices strongly desired.
- Experience understanding and maintaining a multi-million dollar budget desired.
- Allocates appropriate personnel and resources to ensure delivery of consistent content and high-quality service
- Oversees the daily operations of the service, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and service agreements
- Provides leadership, training, and develops the technology or applications operations teams by addressing staffing, recruiting, personnel issues, and operational issues
- Reviews work of direct reports on a daily basis for appropriateness and accuracy
- Serves the needs of all customers across the organization
- Establishes policies and procedures
- Assists in the direction of the functions and operations to be performed by the Technology or Applications staff
- Ensures data integrity for all Technology or Applications Services by adhering to defined change management processes and policies
- Ensures that Joint Commission requirements specific to your department are fulfilled but also understand the linkage between your department’s requirements and those of the integrated delivery system
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, information, technology, or a clinical degree preferred
- ITIL 3 – ITIL Version 3 Foundation Exam preferred
- 8 years’ Enterprise Systems experience which includes 5 years of experience in information systems selection, implementation, infrastructure operations, or support required
- Management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute for 4 years of work experience
- Master’s degree will substitute for 2 years of work experience
- Up to 2 years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to 2 years of information systems experience on a month to month basis
- Direct work experience at the Epic Systems Corporation will be counted at a premium, with every 1 year of Epic Systems Corporation experience counted as 2 years of experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.