About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Sr. Programmer/Analyst- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll organize and administer the configuration and development of integrated delivery systems, as well as devise and design technical requirements of systems. You will also be responsible for the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, programs, and configurations in the delivery of the system.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Hands-on .NET web framework development experience preferably VB.NET or ASP.NET, along with other modern object-oriented programming languages, highly preferred.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Proven experience determining capability of Cloud or on-premise applications, and steps needed to enhance/optimize applications strongly preferred.
- Highly prefer 5+ years’ experience in translating conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to project team
- Proven experience supporting web-based applications, strong desired.
- Experience Assessing and determining capability of applications desired.
- Solid hands on experience transitioning old legacy apps to more modern technology desired.
- Experience supporting back end/front end on SaaS, Cloud based technologies preferred.
- Analyze and determine computerized solutions for the IDS concerning compliance with regulatory agencies and the TCH strategic plan
- Appraise the effectiveness of systems flow, data usage, and manual/automated processes
- Develop, design, and modify technical specifications for the IDS
- Coordinate the design and analysis of the implementation of new systems
- Control the system configuration and the development process by establishing standards, measuring the work in progress, interpreting results, and taking corrective action
- Perform independent programming for segments of complex problems
- Provide configuration, tuning, and upgrades to systems as needed
- Develop and administer data verification methods and plans as needed
- Prepare program code documentation, system configuration procedures, and documentation concerning issues, bugs, and resolutions
- Participate in meetings concerning user consulting, systems analysis, system design, and vendor contracts
- Participate in the development of a defined and structure data dictionary for usage with all implementation efforts
- High school diploma required
- Master’s degree in a science field preferred
- 8 years’ major system design and implementation experience required
- Project management/leadership experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.