About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Medical Technologist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll perform routine and special procedures to obtain data and/or prepare products for the diagnosis and treatment of disease and the provision of quality patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes
- Determine the suitability of specimens and orders by verifying patient demographic information and receipt documentation, as well as recognize and troubleshoot erroneous orders
- Organize and prioritize the workload so that services are provided as needed by the medical staff
- Perform routine and special procedures accurately, evaluate the results for correctness, and recognize abnormal test results and use problem-solving procedures in a timely manner
- Respond to emergency situations and STATs quickly and work collaboratively with your team
- Communicate any quality control problems as they occur and maintain proper documentation along the way
- Order supplies as needed to maintain set inventory levels and complete patient orders
- Determine the suitability of supplies from receipt to final disposition and handle unsuitable supplies
- Perform and document quality control procedures and instrument regular maintenance
- Record the temperature and function of refrigerators and freezers
- Participate in continuing education and in-service programs by attending section meetings, workshops, vendor-sponsored workshops, and seminars
- Train new employees and other staff
- Perform the assignments of “in-charge” technologist in the absence of the supervisor or technical specialist
- Analyze specimens in proficiency testing programs to validate procedural competencies by obtaining accurate results
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, laboratory science, chemical, physical, or biology science required
- MT-STATE, MT-AAB, MT-AMT, CLSP, IMLS, BB-ASCP, C-ASCP, H-ASCP, MLS-ASCP, MT-ASCP, M-ASCP, MB-ASCP, or MP-ASCP license required
- Ability to operate a PC, cell washers, blood analyzers, gamma cell irradiator, microscopes, centrifuges, water baths, and agglutination viewers
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.