About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Patient Access Coordinator – someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you will perform scheduling & registration duties and supervise specific duties associated with the daily operations of the OB/GYN Clinic. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely scheduling of patient appointments and accurate verification of demographic information and verification of benefits.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Reviews telephone call queue to ensure call volume and staff ratio are adequate to meet department service standards
- Assist with incoming calls and scheduling as needed and in accordance with department service standards
- Informs management of potential opportunities and/or issues
- Provides customer service support for staff, patients/families, and clinics
- Financially secures a patient account to maximize Physician and Hospital reimbursement in a customer service oriented fashion
- Handles incoming calls for appointments from patients, internal staff and physicians in a courteous, professional and timely manner
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers
- Serves as a resource to staff members and as an escalation point person for QA issues
- Monitors pre-admit schedules and work lists to ensure timely completion of insurance verification and all pre-admit work, including authorization when required
- Meets with Manager at least weekly to discuss issues/initiatives/staff performance and review department productivity
- Correctly follows Cue Card protocol when patient or responsible party requests an earlier appointment and/or offers to place the patient on the clinic wait list
- A high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years of experience performing all aspects of the scheduling and registration process is required (in lieu of actual work experience, an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree may be substituted)
- Demonstrates a high level of positive customer service skills in all communications
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and interdependently in a team environment.
- Knowledge of government (Medicaid and CSHCN) and commercial insurance plans
- Knowledge of patient appointment scheduling in a high volume call center environment
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.