About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an OR Instrument Processing Technician Part Time 1p-9p (West Campus Katy)— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide efficient processing of instruments and sterilization throughout the hospital.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Performs decontamination of instruments
• Receives instruments from the decontamination area and processes them appropriately
• Performs physical and environmental duties as designated on a routine daily basis
• Completes sterilization processes
• Performs other essential instrument room duties
• Transports instruments
• High school diploma or GED
• Two (2) years of experience in hospital instrument processing and/or completion of the Central Services Technician course and having passed the certification examination is preferred
• Knowledge of a wide variety of instrumentation used in the operating room and throughout the hospital